Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Letter to President of the Philippines

24 July 2018


HIS EXCELLENTLY RODRIGO ROA DUTERTE
President of the Republic of the Philippines
MalacaƱang Palace, City of Manila
Philippines


Dear Mr. President,

                 Good day! I had never written a letter to a president before but I am honored and blessed that I have an opportunity to talk with you Mr. President.
Its been a year since you were elected to be the president of our country, Philippines. And because of you there are a lot of changes happened in our country within a year. Important implications for the human rights of the Philippine, extrajudicial and summary killings, I am concerned that your campaign rhetoric often advocated the killings of “criminals” and drug dealers. In cities across the Philippines, there are near-daily media reports of summary killings by unidentified attackers, often involving gunmen on motorcycles. Many of these killings are linked to local politicians, members of local police forces, and guns for hire contracted by local politicians or criminal syndicates. Police rarely make any arrests related to these attacks. In this extrajudicial killing, I encourage you to bring energy to protect and promote for human rights in everyone in the country.

Thank you for reading my letter Mr. President, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak my opinions on human right issue here in our country.


Respectfully yours,


Lynnette Kyla Alonzo
            student





1 comment: